Friday, April 13, 2012

A good day...

Teacher planning day... or "teacher plotting day" as I am fond of saying... a day with most everyone there but no kids.  A time to relax and get those odds and ends of jobs done that you haven't had a chance to get around to. 

We had a bar-be-cue and the weather was wonderful.  We all ended up dragging chairs out onto the back playground and eating and talking and laughing and eating and enjoying the sunshine and eating.  I made a huge bowl of cole slaw, the guys cooked brauts, hambergs and chicken, everyone else chipped in this and that... it was awesome.

I managed to have a convo with my boss about the one coworker that has been so hostile.  (Who incidentally has been "sick" the last couple of days.  And here I was thinking he was an inconsiderate SOB and then he goes and does this sweet thing for me.)  I put it out there that all I wanted was a mediated conversation, that if he had a real legitimate complaint, I was open to hearing if I had fucked up, or was fucking up... and I was more that willing to own my own shit and take some responsibility... but I guess he is not willing to sit down and talk... just willing to snarl, backstab, barge into a room, say something rude and leave before I can even say "stop, what the fuck is your problem dude???".  But at least he was gone and I managed to reconnect with the other members of the team and realize that they do not feel the same way. 

Oh... and I don't cuss at work... it just is fun to say it this way, here, where I can let my hair down.

And... I got home early. 

The only down side was all that food knocked me out.  And Master and I fell asleep in front of the TV... and he swears he was saying "sweetie... sweetie... sweetie..." in a honey soft voice, but all I remember is being ripped from deep, deep sleep by what seemed like being yelled at.  I know I was yammering in terror.  I pouted and whined that he had scared me.  He laughed and laughed.  I swear that man gets off on scaring me.  Total mind fucker.

Another day in the life...

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day!

    And i HATE being awakened when i've fallen asleep on the couch. It makes me really grumpy. So i sympathize...

    hug,

    aisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is something so freeing about those late afternoon lunches on the playground. The easy laugher of battle-tired teachers, when the end of the year is near.

    i used to get angry when i was woken up suddenly, too. i feel you.

    Glad to see you writing again. :)

    ReplyDelete